New Mexico Finance Authority
The New Mexico Finance Authority (Santa Fe, NM) is seeking applications for the position of Senior Accountant. This position performs advance accounting and financial preparation activities and reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Duties for this position involve:
• performing advanced account analysis and reconciliations to ensure the accuracy of general ledger and bond indenture obligations,
• Loan account servicing,
• Preparation of bond debt service payments,
• Familiar with loan servicing software, Microsoft Office especially Excel
• Close-out and audit preparation
• Assistance with internal control maintenance and controller duties
• Financial statement preparation
• Payroll management
• Proven knowledge of fiduciary responsibilities, methods and procedures as governed by Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Familiarity with audit processes and methods; budgetary principles; calculations and terminology.
• A proven ability to work quickly and accurately with numbers and perform advanced math computations.
• Must be adept at both oral and written communication techniques and maintain effective working relationships with a range of audiences, from Board
members to NMFA leadership, elected officials, federal and state agencies, direct reports and the public at large.
• Must be able to prioritize, plan, direct and supervise the work of subordinates
• Work swiftly and accurately with data under tight deadlines.
• B.A./B.S. degree from an accredited university in Accounting, Finance or a closely related field
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), experience working in a financial institution or government preferred
• Familiarity with fund and/or loan accounting software
• High level expertise with Excel.
The NMFA provides a competitive salary commiserate with experience, benefits package which includes a retirement plan; health, dental, and eye care benefits; along with short and long term disability.
Submit resumes to:
Chief Administrative Officer
207 Shelby Street
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501
E-mail to: email@example.com