To pre-qualify for the PPRF pool, the NMDOT pool, and/or the Conduit pool, underwriters must submit a proposal stating the pool or pools in which they are requesting to be included to:
Proposals should contain information such as that suggested below as well as any other information deemed helpful to Finance Authority staff in pre-qualifying underwriters for bond underwriting pools:
- Introductory firm information including such information as products, capital available for underwriting activities, personnel, and interest in underwriting Finance Authority bonds.
- Experience and qualification of personnel to be assigned to Finance Authority underwritings.
- The Pricing/Underwriting/Syndication Desk’s approach to managing bond sales including sales of bonds with unusual features and structures.
- Demonstrated New Mexico and national underwriting presence including the firm’s position in recent “League Table” standings for both Competitive and Negotiated transactions nationally and in New Mexico.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Finance Authority’s programs.
- Typical takedown and management fees for Negotiated bond sales.
- Performance in bidding on Finance Authority Competitive bond sales since 2009.
- Experience, if any, in closing PPRF transactions as an outside Financial Advisor.
- Experience, if any, in providing the Finance Authority or NMDOT with credit facilities including swaps and liquidity facilities requiring the extension of credit to the Finance Authority or NMDOT.
- Unique bond placement capabilities, if any.
- Unique structuring capabilities, if any.
- Firm employees based in the State of New Mexico.
- Location of the firm’s Pricing desk responsible for New Mexico bonds.
- Recent contacts with Finance Authority staff to present proposals, to present or solicit ideas, or to build relationships including attendance at Finance Authority Board meetings.
- Approach to elevating investor awareness of, and interest in, Finance Authority bonds.
Back to Underwriting Pools