Water Loan and Grant Applications

Water Project Fund

Funding from the Water Project Fund is considered pursuant to the comprehensive Project Management Policies, and the Water Trust Board Rules and Regulations, which can be accessed at www.nmfa.net.

The types of projects that may be considered by the WTB are:

  1. Storage, Conveyance and Delivery of Water;
  2. Implementation of the Endangered Species Act;
  3. Restoration and Management of Watersheds;
  4. Flood Prevention Projects; and
  5. Conservation, Recycling, Treatment or Reuse of water.

Please submit all questions to Water Trust Board Staff at WTBAdmin@nmfa.net.

Water Trust Board Staff
c/o New Mexico Finance Authority
207 Shelby Street
Santa Fe, NM  87501
1-877-275-6632 – Toll Free
(505) 992-9635 – Fax

Drinking Water State Revolving Loan Fund

Drinking Water State Revolving Loan Fund (DWSRLF) funding requests are accepted year-round. If a community is unsuccessful through the funding process, New Mexico Environment Department Drinking Water Bureau (DWB) will provide technical, managerial, and financial capacity assistance and a high level of service to help the community qualify for funding. Favorable funding terms and personal assistance are advantages that set the DWSRLF program apart from other state and federal funding programs.

To be eligible for DWSRLF funding, a water system must first submit a Project Interest Form (PIF) through the SWIM portal. Make sure you select the PIF and not the Tribal Project Interest Form. The PIF is available from the state’s Environment Department here.

Make sure to answer “Yes” to the question, “Is this a Drinking Water State Revolving Loan Fund project?”

The DWSRLF Borrower Guide (Guide) was developed by the NMFA and DWB to assist New Mexico’s public water systems in applying to the DWSRLF. This Guide outlines the basic aspects of applying to the DWSRLF program in order to streamline communications between prospective applicants and DWB and NMFA. After having read this Guide, please feel free to contact DWB or NMFA with any questions.